OPEN ACCESS COLONOSCOPY CAN SAVE YOU TIME
We offer open access colonoscopy for screening colonoscopies for healthy patients at the Fall Hill Endoscopy Center without prior office consultation. We would like to make colon cancer screening easier and more convenient for you and save you time and an office visit co-pay. Patients are invited to proceed with open access colonoscopy if you meet the following criteria:
- You are healthy, between 45 and 74 years old and weigh less than 350 pounds and BMI < 40.
- Colonoscopy is for routine screening, a personal history of polyps or colon cancer, or a family history of colon cancer or polyps
- You have no active symptoms such as abdominal pain, changes in bowel habits, or major bleeding
- You do not have any severe kidney, lung, heart or neurological disease.
- You do not take any blood thinners other than aspirin
If you have any bleeding, abdominal pain, or gastrointestinal symptoms, or if you are on any blood thinners such as Plavix, Eliquis or other antiplatelet medications ( but not including aspirin), or if you would like to consult with our physicians for any active gastrointestinal problems, please call our office at 540-371-9696 to schedule an office visit.
If you believe Open Access Colonoscopy is the right option for you, please proceed to complete or download the Open Access Colonoscopy forms and return them to us.